The Junior Police Academy will cover a multitude of topics, including Police Morals and Ethics, Motor Vehicle Law, DWI Enforcement, Teens and Drug Use, Crime Scene and Evidence Processing, K-9, SWAT, Bicycle Patrol, and more. We will begin each day with an hour of light physical training and military drill.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Between 10 and 14 years old
• Recommended by a sponsor (ie: school principal, law
enforcement agency, community representative, coach, or
• Must be in good academic standing
• Able to participate in physical fitness activities
• Able to participate in a structured program
• Have no criminal background
The academy will be held from July 8th through July 12th, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be a mandatory orientation for accepted participants and guardians to be announced at a later time.
*** PARTICIPATION IS FREE OF CHARGE ***
Applications can be downloaded from HERE and must be turned in NO LATER than May 31st, 2019. Completed applications can be emailed to Cpl. Dominic Visceglia at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by handing them in at the police department during business hours.